After a few days of insomnia medication related late arrivals at work, I was determined to make it in to work on time today. The universe had other plans.
- My alarm didn’t go off – I was only woken up by the sound of flatmate leaving for work. Will have to check bulb & fuse when I get home.
- Got caught at the level crossing on my way to the station.
- I nearly made a train that’d get me in only ~15 mins late, but about 3/4 of the way to the station I turned my ankle and mashed my left orthotic insole badly enough that I had to go home again to find my spares.
- On the way home, I got caught at the level crossing again as the train I was meant to be on came through.
- Spent 10 minutes finding my spare insoles so I could have wearable shoes again.
- Got caught at the level crossing again on my way back to the station, and watched as the last useful train for ~25 minutes went through.
- Finally got on a train, and couldn’t get a seat. Ended up standing all the way to Clapham.
- Arrived in the office just after the morning standup finished, so didn’t even get to sneak in unnoticed!
Today is cursed, clearly. Trying to read “Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell” also doesn’t work too well when standing on a crowded train, so I ended up buying it on the kindle to avoid killing anybody with it. Oh well – I’m sure my wrists will thank me for that, at least.